Monday, December 11, 2017

Fruits Basket: It's Because I've Been Loved That I've Become Stronger

Image result for Fruits Basket: It's Because I've Been Loved That I've Become StrongerFruits Basket: It's Because I've Been Loved That I've Become Stronger
TV Tokyo
March 25, 2003
Anime, Fantasy
DVD
B

Tohru meets her first female member of the zodiac since Kagura: Kisa the tiger.  Kisa has stopped speaking because of kids making fun of her hair color at school.  (When she does speak, the English voice actress is Kate Bristol.)  I like how the question of self-esteem is handled here.  As the title suggests, rather than the teacher's platitude that no one can like you unless you like yourself, genuine acceptance by others can contribute to self-confidence.  And Tohru not only treats Kisa like an adorable kid sister, but she has given Yuki the confidence to become the new student council president.  But it's not just about Tohru; Kisa's relatives (with the exception of testy Kyo) offer her support, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment