Saturday, July 9, 2016

Three's Company: The Fast

Three's Company: The Fast
ABC
October 3, 1978
Sitcom
DVD
B-

This had four writers: Al Gordon, who'd do six more for 3'sC; Jack Mendelsohn, who'd done the weakest Hong Kong Phooey episode and who'd write five more for 3'sC; and a couple writers who didn't write anything else I own.  So I'm not sure if any of them individually is to blame for the two aspects that keep me from giving this a B.  Even as a kid, I didn't like that Janet gets Jack and Chrissy involved in a bet that doesn't require her to do anything but police both of them.  And as an adult, I find Mrs. Roper trying to hypnotize her husband into being amorous to be a bit creepy.  That said, there are some fun moments, like the wordplay, including the girls singing the name of Jack's girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment