Friday, July 8, 2016

Soap: Episode 28

Soap: Episode 28
ABC
September 28, 1978
Dramedy
DVD
C+

Harris collaborated with Jordan Crittenden on this and the following three episodes, but I'm not sure if it's his fault I couldn't really get into this.  The two main flaws are in the Dutch-Eunice thread and the Elaine-living-at-the-Campbells thread.  With the latter, basically Elaine is obnoxious and the Campbells get annoyed.  With the former, you've got lines like "too bad I'm not a rapist" and Dutch and Elaine bonding over being made fun of as children.  I do like Jessica topping Mary's news about Carol's pregnancy, and I like Tim and Corinne's wedding, including Corinne and Benson reminiscing over her childhood.

Ian Wolfe makes his last appearance as Father Juniper.

No comments:

Post a Comment