Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Welcome Back, Kotter Barbarino's Boo-Boo

Welcome Back, Kotter Barbarino's Boo-Boo
ABC
October 21, 1978
Sitcom
DVD
C

The show switched over to Saturdays at 8, nudging Carter Country (then in its second and last season) to 8:30.  I followed WBK over, since I wasn't watching Rhoda or CHiPs, and I still felt somewhat invested in the cast.  This episode though, despite the presence of both Kotter and Barbarino, isn't exactly the kind of thing that would've won me over as a new viewer.  It starts out OK, with Vinnie dealing with both disapproving Nurse Bonney (Dulo) and bunion surgery patient Woodman.  Even Vinnie misplacing Woodman is all right, but it leads to some unfunny slapstick, including against random patients.  This is the first of four WBK stories by Linda Morris and Vic Rauseo, so I guess in a way it's their boo-boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment