Sunday, October 15, 2017

Spice Girls: Wannabe

Image result for Spice Girls: WannabeSpice Girls: Wannabe
Song released 8 July 1996
Music Video
VHS
B-

So, my best friend in the mid- to late '90s was a male Spice Girls fan in his early 20s.  I found their music catchy so it was sort of a guilty pleasure for me as I pushed and then reached 30.  This video is on an hour-long "year-in-the-life" not exactly documentary that I couldn't find listed at IMDB.  So I'm just reviewing the music videos.  This debut is awkward and energetic, with weird imagery, from Baby stealing and then returning a homeless man's cap (I had to rewind to be sure, I mean Baby is the "sweet one"!) to the Girls serenading and mocking rich people.  And, yes, the song, their smash hit debut, is still catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment