Sunday, October 1, 2017

Ellen: She Ain't Friendly, She's My Mother

Image result for Ellen: She Ain't Friendly, She's My Mother
Trigger warning
Ellen: She Ain't Friendly, She's My Mother
ABC
November 8, 1995
Sitcom
DVD
B-

David Flebotte's first of seven Ellen scripts is marred by "sexual tension" between Spence and Paige, i.e. bickering like children and then flirting and then insulting some more.  Still, I liked seeing what was done with the plot of Ellen's mother trying to be her friend after undergoing therapy.  (If I recall correctly, Ellen's fears about her parents' marriage would come true in the next year and a half, leading to her own return to therapy.)

Sixty-nine-year-old Beverly Garland, who plays Eva, was last seen in my TV collection in the MST3K presentation of It Conquered the World, and she still looked great at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment