Monday, October 9, 2017

Ellen: Two Mammograms and a Wedding

Image result for Ellen: Two Mammograms and a WeddingEllen: Two Mammograms and a Wedding
ABC
April 3, 1996
Sitcom
DVD
B

Dava Savel wrote this story where Ellen is feeling neglected by engaged Paige and nervous about her first mammogram.  In the waiting room, she clicks with Chloe Korban (the marvelous Janeane Garofalo).  But when they try to meet for coffee, it's very awkward.  There's a subtext here (OK, partly fueled by my little crush on Garofalo, but I don't think I'm just projecting) that Ellen and Chloe are on a first date, including how Audrey, Spence, and Joe react.  If Ellen had come out already, I can't help wondering if they would've had Garofalo back as a potential girlfriend.  As it is, we'd never see the character again.

At least we get this wonderfully in-joky exchange--
Ellen: I own a store.  We sell books and coffee.
Chloe: Oo, that's very hip.  Very "Friends."
Ellen: We were here first.

Nurse Mina Kolb was Terri's mother on Three's Company.  This is the 1400th show from ABC I've reviewed.  I'm not sure if we'll hit 1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment