Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Roseanne: Take My Bike, Please

Image result for Roseanne: Take My Bike, PleaseRoseanne: Take My Bike, Please
ABC
September 24, 1991
Sitcom
DVD
B

Mark Rosewater's first of two stories for the series was turned into a teleplay by Bob Myer.  As the title suggests, it's about Dan's bike shop but also about the impact that launching the business has on the family, especially since Roseanne is working there as well as at Rodbell's.  She hopes to sell a motorcyle so that they can hire someone.  Meanwhile, Becky and Darlene bicker like a married couple over housework, cooking, and childcare.  Poor D.J. doesn't speak for two days and nobody notices.  Jackie also has made a career change, now working as perfume girl at the mall, which seems to necessitate her wearing a series of unflattering, but I suppose possibly fashionable by early '90s standards, outfits.  (Sorry, I couldn't find any in my image search, but one is red with lots of zippers.)

Dan Butler makes his first of three appearances as Art, the newly divorced accountant who buys the motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment