Monday, June 19, 2017

Who's the Boss?: Death and Love, Part 2

Image result for Who's the Boss?: Death and Love, Part 2Who's the Boss?: Death and Love, Part 2
ABC
November 16, 1991
Sitcom
DVD
C+

Doran, Kallis, and Rosenfarb drop the ball on the second part, although there are definitely moments I like, from Ernie the water-man playing Hugh Hefner to Jonathan's monotone delivery of a lie about going to see a movie.  I somewhat like Angela confiding in Sam and Mona about her fears of marriage.  But I have issues with the way that Angela has issues, so that her understandable fears of getting remarried are dismissed, while Tony is let off the hook for his manipulations, not just his scheme to get her to go to the football game with him, but his "Rain Man" act.  When, in a role reversal, he accepts her proposal, I should be cheering with the studio audience.  Instead, I'm wondering if maybe these two shouldn't get married, and I don't think that's the intention.  But such is the schizophrenia of the show's final season, and believe me, it'll get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment