Monday, September 19, 2016

M*A*S*H: April Fools

Image result for M*A*S*H: April Fools
"A furry Claudette Colbert"
M*A*S*H: April Fools
CBS
March 24, 1980
Dramedy
DVD
B

This Dennis Koenig story doesn't close out the season by sending a character away or wrapping up anything, and yet it is satisfying in its twisting plot.  I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it, but I really didn't know where it was going.  And, no, I don't know which April this is supposed to be, but I'm guessing 1952.

G.W. Bailey (Rizzo, who probably is in on the prank), Roy Goldman (as Roy Goldman), Kellye Nakahara (Yamato), and Jennifer Davis Westmore (still a nameless Nurse) return.

M*A*S*H in its eighth season ranges from C- to B, but almost half of the episodes (twelve out of twenty-five) are B-, and the average is B-.  So, despite Radar's departure and sometimes weaker writing and/or direction, I can't say that the show has jumped the shark by any means.  I'll be curious to see what happens in Season Nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment