Saturday, September 17, 2016

M*A*S*H: Dreams

Image result for M*A*S*H: Dreams
M*A*S*H: Dreams
CBS
February 18, 1980
Dramedy
DVD
B

Alda directed and co-wrote this unusual episode.  (The other writer has no other credits.)  The staff have dreams, I think with no dialogue, and a haunting sort of early '70s feel.  (Harold & Maude is the closest thing I can think of stylistically.)  I'm not sure how well it all hangs together, beyond a theme of war breaking in, but I think overall if you go with it, it's a very nice change.

Fred Stuthman, who plays Hawkeye's Professor, would be a Bishop on Soap.  Catherine Bergstrom makes her first of two appearances as Peg Hunnicutt, in my favorite of the dreams.  Connie Izay (Nurse Connie), Kellye Nakahara (Yamato), and Dennis Troy (this time as an Orderly) return.

No comments:

Post a Comment