Sunday, September 18, 2016

Three's Company: The Root of All Evil

Image result for Three's Company: The Root of All EvilThree's Company: The Root of All Evil
ABC
March 4, 1980
Sitcom
DVD
B

This first of two 3'sC stories written by Howard Albrecht and Sol Weinstein is a solid contribution.  The regular cast work very well together (it's actually one of my favorite Larry episodes) and Brooks makes a welcome return as Dr. Prescott.  I'm not sure why it's not a B+, considering how much I (and my ex-husband) used to quote it all the time, e.g. "We killed the money!", but it just doesn't feel quite great on this viewing.

Note that Chrissy has an Aunt Tilly who once lived in Chicago.  (In contrast to all of Chrissy's relatives, Janet and Chrissy didn't even know Jack had a brother till Lee showed up.)  Also note that Janet suggests putting aside three months' rent ($900 I believe) out of the $1600 something Chrissy wins, but I don't think they actually do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment