Friday, January 27, 2017

Reagan Speech on Iran-Contra, with Mitchell Response

Reagan Speech on Iran-Contra, with Mitchell Response
Image result for Reagan Speech on Iran-Contra august 1987
Tower Report
NBC
August 1987
News
VHS
B-

It's a little hard to judge this as entertainment per se.  I will say that, although the talking heads aspect of the speeches feels very dated, I was still drawn in.  In fact, although I no longer felt the fury or even dislike I once felt towards Reagan, I did find myself making (quiet) comments.  Reagan changed the subject from Iran-Contra to issues he felt he were more important, including the nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court!  George Mitchell of Maine (still alive now at 83) in his response was very respectful, speaking of "mistakes" more than "crimes."

No comments:

Post a Comment