Saturday, January 28, 2017

Siskel & Ebert & the Movies: "Back to the Beach" review

Image result for siskel and ebert and the movies
I miss you guys!
Siskel & Ebert & the Movies: "Back to the Beach" review
Syndicated
Early August 1987
Movie Review
VHS
B

I started grinning as soon as I saw the credits.  Siskel & Ebert (usually ampersanded, sometimes abbreviated to Sisbert) were a wonderful team and some of their reviews have stayed with me for years.  (A few minutes ago, I watched the 1985 review of Red Sonja on Youtube, and it's just as I remembered it, "Buddha going to the bathroom" and all.)  I was tempted to go B+ just out of affection for Gene and Roger, and for that matter for Frankie & Annette.  But I'll just say that, fun as it is to see S & E argue, or both bash a flick, it's also fun to see their surprise and delight over a sweet, likable movie like BttB.

No comments:

Post a Comment