Friday, February 12, 2016

The Brady Bunch: Ghost Town, U.S.A.

The Brady Bunch: Ghost Town, U.S.A.
ABC
September 17, 1971
Sitcom
DVD
B-

This is the only Brady episode written by Howard Leeds, who was primarily one of the show's producers.  It kicks off the middle season, as the first of three parts.  (And since I don't have anything else for the '71-72 season, we're going to be watching nothing but the Bunch for awhile.)  I really liked the travel episodes of the series when I was a kid, but now I think this episode takes awhile to get going, with the highlights being of course Jim Backus's guest shot as the old prospector (his 100th appearance in my TV blog), and a harmonica and guitar duet when the family is in jail.  One thing I don't remember in syndication is Greg shooting a movie (I don't know if it's the same camera for his Pilgrim project) about a stagecoach robbery, with saloon girls Jan and Cindy flirting with robber Peter!  Note that Mike considers Greg, at not quite 16, to be a man who can protect the women and the younger kids.  Oscar Rudolph directed this and the other two parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment