Monday, February 15, 2016

The Flintstone Comedy Hour: "Summertime Girl" sequence

The Flintstone Comedy Hour: "Summertime Girl" sequence
CBS
September 9, 1972
Cartoon
VHS
C+

Airing right after The Brady Kids, but over on my second favorite network*, The FCH  included re-runs from the previous year's Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show, as well as little proto-videos like this one.  Watching on cable a couple decades later, my then future ex-husband (six months older than I) liked the soft rock sound of the Bedrock Rockers.  So I've got this and another song from the show, but none of the rest of the hours.  The song is fine but the animation is really repetitive for such a short sequence, yes, more so than the corresponding sequence on The Brady Kids from that same Saturday morning, and it doesn't seem to have much to do with the song's content.


*If I was not yet an ABC partisan, I certainly would be by decade's end, but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment