Monday, February 15, 2016

The Brady Kids: Jungle Bungle, Part 1

The Brady Kids: Jungle Bungle, Part 1
ABC
September 9, 1972
Cartoon
DVD
C+

I don't know if I watched this when it first aired (I was four) but I certainly remember it from later childhood.  As I was a BBunch fan, I was very happy to see more of the kids.  I didn't mind the adults being absent.  I also liked hearing Larry Storch, since I knew him from F Troop.  It seems like the cartoon didn't air much in the '80s, but some of it stayed with me, like the "hot air" joke here.  Watching it now, shrug.  It's not exactly a classic.  I can see the limitations, and not just to the animation.  Still, this episode does offer a rendition of "Time to Change," unfortunately minus Peter's voice cracking.  Greg/Marcia shippers take note that he sings of her "eyes of sparkling blue," even though no one has irises of any color whatsoever.

Hal Sutherland directed the series.  Other voice actors, who took over the voicework when the three oldest bailed:
  1. Erika Scheimer as Marcia Brady
  2. Lane Scheimer as Greg Brady
  3. Keith Sutherland as Peter Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment