Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Man About the House: My Son, My Son

Man About the House: My Son, My Son
ITV
10 April 1975
Sitcom
DVD
B

This episode is funnier than I remembered, especially the bit where three people claim to be the Roper's nonexistent 19-year-old child Leslie. Also, Mrs. Roper wears a hat that leads to some funny lines.  And John Carlin as the Barman has a good bit where he reacts to what he thinks is Chrissy and Jo talking about the latter possibly having a child with George.  All pretty implausible but fun in a farcical way.

The fourth series averages out to the border of B- and B.  Two-thirds into the show's run, things seem to have settled into place and the characters play well off of each other.  Not everything works, but enough does.  The fifth series would come along less than five months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment